Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Plein Air on Green Island

 "Green Island"
12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas

On Saturday, I headed out to a spot called Green Island with the Plein Air Painters of Lane County. It was once farmland, surrounded during the rainy season by rivers that required the farmer to access his fields by ferry boat! Now it's being reforested with native trees. 

It was a peaceful spot, but hot and windy. Too bad I didn't capture my umbrella fails - they were numerous!


Here's my painting-in-progress:


2 comments:

Dianne said...

What a lovely painting, I really enjoy seeing your work. I learn a lot by "gazing"at paintings like this to improve my own.
Also I wanted to say I love the kiddy cart thing, a great idea, the wheel size is so much better than most things I've been trying to use, plus the capacity.

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Your style is so cool!! BEAUTIFUL!