Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Teal Vase with Ornaments

6 x 8"
oil on canvas on panel
Sold

It's been about a week and a half since I last painted, so I'm surprised that I like the way this turned out. It wasn't as much fun as it normally is, though - because instead of feeling like I was falling back into every day's familiar, comforting routine, I had to remember how to do it all over again. I was mixing my basic colors before starting to paint, and I thought, "Why does this feel wierd?" Then I realized that it was because I was standing up, when I am usually sitting down at that point. As David Darrow always says, in times of intimidation, you simply have to let yourself not be afraid to fail.

1 comment:

china clay teapot said...

antiquities for a long time. It is exactly the erosion layer similYixing Purple Clay Teapot SetPurple Clay Teapot With Infuserar