Saturday, June 16, 2012

"Rocky Shore" Plein Air landscape ocean beach painting of the Oregon Coast

9 x 12"
oil on canvas
Sold 

Sorry for dropping off the face of the blogosphere like that! We spent the past few days having a very relaxing and unplugged vacation at the coast. Took our little one to the aquarium, found out that I love running on sand, ate my weight in cheese, read some books, you know, vacation! And I painted this, outdoors - en plein air, as they say - and I didn't die! I didn't even have any strange characters approach me (my greatest fear), though I suspect my picture was snapped once or twice. My feet got cold, and I packed it in. It was great! 

1 comment:

Judy P. said...

Really nice job! I'm jumping into plein air also, I think those plein air painters have the best sense of light and color. But all those people, wind, distractions!