Saturday, December 15, 2012

"The Black Robe" nude figure painting woman girl portrait life drawing oil on canvas

8 x 10"
oil on canvas
collection of the artist

I'm having trouble writing a post about this painting. I did it in the last 90 minutes of our 15-hour figure painting week, and it's one of my favorites of all time. Why do I like it so much? Some of it has to do with the memories it will always be connected with - of spending time with friends, of feeling the paint flowing so readily off my brush - and some of it has to do with where I'm heading as an artist. I can almost see my future in this piece. I can certainly see my past - the past two years of figure painting work, distilled into these brushstrokes. 

So, I'm going to hang onto this one for a while. I'll be posting my large painting from the week tomorrow!

2 comments:

kitblu said...

She is realistic - ordinary but special. I feel as if I could talk to her.

Unknown said...

Your enthusiasm leads you past the limits. at the same time as you feel your self enthusiastic that’s the time you may pass any limit. you're looking for to get perfection via the use of the capability of hard work. look at such motivational article and certainly it'll assist you to recognise new records. mom