Saturday, December 15, 2012

"The Black Robe" nude figure painting woman girl portrait life drawing oil on canvas

8 x 10"
oil on canvas
collection of the artist

I'm having trouble writing a post about this painting. I did it in the last 90 minutes of our 15-hour figure painting week, and it's one of my favorites of all time. Why do I like it so much? Some of it has to do with the memories it will always be connected with - of spending time with friends, of feeling the paint flowing so readily off my brush - and some of it has to do with where I'm heading as an artist. I can almost see my future in this piece. I can certainly see my past - the past two years of figure painting work, distilled into these brushstrokes. 

So, I'm going to hang onto this one for a while. I'll be posting my large painting from the week tomorrow!

1 comment:

kitblu said...

She is realistic - ordinary but special. I feel as if I could talk to her.