Saturday, September 14, 2013

Early in the Morning

 "Composition with Peaches"
12 x 9 inches, oil on Arches oil paper
Sold

I have been waking up before dawn - call it an autumn resolution - and spending my extra two hours either running or painting. This is not a new idea, but hey, it's new to me! I worked on these peaches over the course of two or three mornings this week, intending it to be a warmup before heading out to work on a commission I've been doing (more on that soon), but it turned out as more of a finished piece. I love how the oil paper can be create either a smooth or rougher effect depending on how much paint you slather on. I painted this one thinner in the background, and much thicker in the foreground. Thick paint always draws the eye.

2 comments:

suzannepaints said...

Love the painting and your resolve. Arches Huile is a wonderful thing

angela j simpson said...

sounds like dedication - and great painting!