Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Still Life at Sequoia

 "Lemon Demo at Hillsboro"
8 x 10 inches, oil on canvas
Sold

It's been a good, busy couple of weeks around here. Two workshops and a paintout in ten days! 

It all started in Hillsboro - a town not far from Portland, Oregon - at Sequoia Gallery + Studios. I did an evening demo, the lemon painting above, for a small audience of 14 artists, then a three-day still life workshop.


I hate to play favorites, but this was one of the most talented groups I've taught. We worked hard!
 

 I've gotten a lot of questions on Facebook and Instagram about the Spic n Span bottle in this photo. No, it's not a secret painting trick of mine - but it DID really work on cleaning up the paint that got smeared all over the floor!

My next still life workshop will be July 11th and 12th, at Winslow Art Center on Bainbridge Island, Washington. It's a two-day workshop, with a demo the evening before.

 "Demo no. 2 at Hillsboro"
8 x 8 inches, oil on canvas
Sold

I'm already looking forward to heading back to Hillsboro. Thanks for a great weekend!

No comments: