Thursday, August 20, 2015

Taking a Trip

 
 "Lemon Tea on Whidbey"
12 x 12 inches, oil on canvas

Last weekend, I drove up to the Seattle area for a visit with my friends at Brackenwood Gallery. Eight years in the Pacific Northwest, and this was my first time in Seattle! It was also my first time meeting the proprietors, Jason Waskey and Mary Jo Reynolds, in person, though Jason and I have been art-blogging buddies for many years.


 On Saturday afternoon I set up my easel and painted in the gorgeous, watery window light. Many friendly gallery-goers stopped to chat with me.

Here's the finished product, with my subjects. You may recognize some of them from my First Friday demo in Eugene two weeks ago!


 

It was an honor to visit - and paint at - this beautiful gallery. Pictured below: Fiorella, me, Mary Jo, and Jason. 


Another highlight of the weekend was getting to visit Jason's studio and see some of his works-in-progress. He and I will be having a two-person show at Brackenwood in October. So I guess I'm just going to HAVE to go back!

 


 Twist my arm, right? Whidbey Island is such a beautiful place! And did I mention, there are wild bunnies? On the left is the morning view from my hosts' kitchen, and on the right, offering the bunnies a snack. Heading back to the mainland on the ferry,  the views only got better: 

No comments: