Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Rogue Valley Honey

 "Rogue Valley Honey"
12 x 12 inches, oil on canvas
Sold

I went South last weekend to spend a couple of days hanging out by a large, beautiful river. It rained the entire time, which kept me from even attempting to paint plein air. To be honest, that was more than OK with me, since there was a Camellia bush in full bloom right outside our front door - and this gorgeous, glowing jar of honey, calling out to be painted from the moment I spied it on the kitchen shelf. So this still life is the product of true serendipity; my artistic journey is like a never-ending scavenger hunt with so many precious treasures hidden along the path, absolutely guaranteed to be found by me if I just keep looking. It's still exciting every time I find one.

 


When I did eventually brave the rainy outdoors, I was rewarded with visual treasures of another sort:


Oregon is amazing! After ten years of living here, I'm still in awe.

3 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

A wow!!!

Sandra Busby said...

You make it look effortless Sarah, as always! Gorgeous paintings!

Latest Sports News said...

Beautiful painting...