Monday, January 15, 2018

Lemon Light, and Black and White

"Lemon Light"
10 x 10 inches, oil on canvas
$350
 

This is the third time I've painted this little green glass. I found it in a labyrinthine antique mall in Oklahoma City the last time I taught there, and it's rapidly becoming a favorite still life object. 

I like it for its form and color, but most of all for the light patterns it casts into its shadow.

There's a time-lapse video of the beginning stages of this painting on Instagram. Check it out!

The black and white sketch for this piece is a fun one - but I'm biased. I think all my black and white sketches are fun!

$100 (unframed)
 

3 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

LOVELY work!

Sarah Sedwick Studio said...

Thank you, Sue! Your comments are always so encouraging, and much appreciated.

china clay teapot said...

Purple Clay Teapot With Infuserbe awkward. For example, on Handmade Ceramic TeapotDecember