Thursday, February 1, 2018

Golden Ring (Ace of Pentacles) and #30in30!

 "Golden Ring (Ace of Pentacles)"
7 x 11 inches, oil on Arches oil paper
$250
Sold

Here's how this one came together. I can't believe how long these little oranges have lasted in my studio. It must be cold in there or something.....! Spring is on the way, though - I saw Camellias on my favorite camellia-stealing bush yesterday, so, good things ahead! 

And speaking of things ahead - I've decided to try my hand at a 30 in 30 day painting challenge. Gulp! Anyone else doing this one?

6 comments:

Marty Shively said...

Thanks for showing the process - great result!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

GREAT post!

Michele Clamp said...

Hi Sarah, Just found you through the 30 in 30. Those clementines are so crisp yet broadly painted. Scrumptious.

Sarah Sedwick Studio said...

Thanks, Michele, Sue, and Marty! I really appreciate your comments.

Unknown said...

Love your work! I’m trying my hand at 30 in 30 too, terrifying and exhilarating in not quite equal measure! Thanks for being an inspiration on my beginners painting journey!
Find me at www.instagram.com/shadybower 🙏🏻

Sarah Sedwick Studio said...

Hi Natalie - thanks for your comment! Best of luck with the 30 in 30, you're going to get lots of new ideas, and grow a LOT!