Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A New Year

First of all, I'd like to wish everyone reading this a very belated Happy New Year! Welcome back to my studio blog. My lovely daughter Eleanor is now closing in on six months old, and we are absolutely delighted to have her in our lives.

I've attempted to paint a few times since she was born, but only recently have I begun to get anywhere with it. In general, I prefer to paint with natural light only - but these days I've got to steal painting time where I can, which means evenings, early mornings - times when the window light isn't there to work by. Not that it's there at noon in this part of the world - winter in the pacific northwest isn't known for sunshine! The point is, I'm trying to adapt - to many changes - and to everyone out there still reading this blog: THANKS for sticking around.

More paintings to come SOON!!!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Glad to hear that you will continue to paint! I love your paintings and miss seeing new ones, but I know how hard it is to find time. Your daughter is an angel, no doubt you'll be drawing and painting her someday.

Honor Bradley said...

She will grow so quickly so take time to cherish her.

GabrielMyCat said...

I cannot believe you can juggle both your beautiful daughter and painting, I can barely handle my puppy and work! Glad to hear you have started painting again and we all look forward with eager anticipation your new posts!!

Congrats! :)