Wednesday, December 3, 2014

A Paean to Painting Persimmons...in Public

 "Persimmon and Floats"
8 x 8 inches, oil on canvas
Sold

I painted these persimmon pieces at a fun event called the "Tools of the Trade Show," put on by the University of Oregon's college bookstore (known as "The Duck Store," because, you know, football).  It's a mega-meet-n-greet with art supply vendors, and the store invites artists to create in the middle of the mayhem. I had a great time.


 Trying not to get distracted by all the radically reduced art supplies. 25% off the entire store!
Head down. Concentrate!


Speaking of big events, (and big discounts, come to think of it), have you heard about my Holiday Open Studio Sale this Saturday? You haven't!?! Well, here ya go:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sarah, I stumbled onto your blog the other day, and I was stricken with your painting style. I like with way you used the stem as (in my view) a lead-in. Beautifully done!