Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Paint Out! Last one of the Year...

 
 "Autumn Afternoon in the Vineyard"
12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas

Over the weekend, I participated in Plein Air Washington County, and it was just a heartbreakingly gorgeous fall paintout.  The event was organized by Sequoia Gallery, where I also teach workshops (Portrait painting coming up, October 24-25!), and they did a fantastic job - making sure we were well supplied with fun places to paint. 

Here's a scene from a local nursery. There were tons of artists there - plus a news crew - on the morning I painted this. The perfect combination of exciting and peaceful!

"Blooming Junction Barn"
12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas
Sold

Posing for the paparazzi, with my painting-in-progress: 

 

 And here are both of my landscapes, ready for the opening reception:


 One reason I love this particular paintout - and returned to do it for the second year in a row - is the Quick Draw with costumed models. Two models, two hours, two fabulous period costumes! 


I'm pleased to report that this portrait went home with the lovely model's grandmother! 


Thanks, Sequoia Gallery, for a great weekend of painting. See you October 24-25th for another one!