Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Figure Painting Workshop Announcement!

 "In the Gray"
16 x 20 inches, oil on canvas
Sold

I'm taking a break from my slew of Playa residency blog posts to let you all know about a master class workshop I'll be teaching next month at the Conservatory for Classical Art in Edmond, Oklahoma.

It's called "The Alla Prima Figure." Three days of painting from live models, demos, and lots of talk about mixing gorgeous flesh tones. There are several spaces still available, so if you - or someone you know - are in the Oklahoma City area, please consider joining us! 



 This will be my fourth visit to the CCA. I love the energy there, and am really looking forward to it! 

Here I am demonstrating for a class last year:


 ...And another limited palette figure painting - done in one sitting, about three hours. Alla prima! 

1 comment:

nigelfletcher said...

Hi Sarah, it would be really interesting to read something or see something in your blog feed about your process and colour mixing from the upcoming figure workshop, if you can? Love your work BTW, Nigel