Thursday, June 5, 2008

Blue Flowers

6 x 6"
oil on gessoboard
$50
$5 s/h


















I'm back! It feels good to be painting again, even considering the phenomenon that I've seen referred to as "cold starts," meaning the first painting after a hiatus isn't usually the easiest you'll ever do. I had to wipe this one down once, but I'm okay with that. When a painting just isn't going right, the only way I can salvage it is to wipe it down. I tell myself that it's saving me much more aggravation - not to mention further wasted paint - to start over fresh. And I'm almost always right! I love being right.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely painting!

Arlene,
Tacoma flowers

Chelsea said...

I love the clarity and intensity of the bottle!

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely painting...have you moved already?

Sarah Sedwick Studio said...

Thanks for the positive comments, all. Yes, Veronica, my move is complete. What a relief!