Tuesday, November 15, 2016

The Green Line - And Trade Show News!

 art oil painting still life red pear by sarah sedwick
 "The Green Line"
10 x 10 inches, oil on canvas
Sold

Here's my newest still life! I was drawn to the green line on this pear - can you picture me examining every single red pear on the shelf before choosing just the right one for a painting? 

work-in-progress oil painting still life red pear sarah sedwick
I like all the triangles and circles in this composition - they echo the shape of the pear, which is nothing more than a circle with a triangle on top, when you break it down.

In other news, I'll be at the Duck Store on the U of O campus all day Wednesday and Thursday, painting and chatting away! Tools of the Trade is a really fun event, with tons of products to try out, and big discounts. I'll have my greeting cards and calendars for sale, too - so come down and say hi!  

2 comments:

Christine said...

Sarah, do you have any events or classes in Portland in Dec.? I will be there Dec. 14- Jan. 4 and would love to come see your work in person, or take a class.

Unknown said...

Very nice!

Mr. Ray