Thursday, July 31, 2008

Blue Chair

5 x 7"
oil on canvas on panel
$40
$ 5 s/h
















I have two of these chairs. I bought them when I lived in Baltimore, from a junk shop for $20 a piece. They were light blue at the time. A few years later, I decided to spray paint them this darker shade. They used to be our dining chairs, then they did a stint in the computer room, and now they've been relegated to the studio. Jesse tried to convince me to get rid of them altogether the last time we moved, but not a chance! I haven't been lugging these (heavy) things around for eight years through three different states just to give up now.

1 comment:

Susan Carlin said...

The pattern of light on the floor and the wall behind the chair is exciting to see. Don't give up on these chairs... I agree!