Friday, September 5, 2008

Sunflowers in the Light

5 x 5"
oil on panel
Sold

For this painting, I tried to work quickly, with a bristle brush, to capture the quality of light streaming in through the window. I like using bristle brushes once in awhile, because it forces me to stay loose. I feel that I've been getting too tight, even strangled in my last few pieces. Today's painting was difficult to photograph - all the thick paint strokes were sending up lots of reflections - so unfortunately it appears a little duller than it should. I don't like to have to make excuses for my photography, but I literally tried everything with this one, and this was the best I could do.

1 comment:

theresamillerwatercolors said...

And, the result is beautiful! I love the way you paint glass, just lovely!