Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Yellow Tulips and Irises

9 x 12"
oil on canvas
Sold
I've been waiting for a new shipment of art supplies to arrive. I love the feeling of opening a huge box of blank canvases - not to mention getting my hands back on some things I've run out of, and been trying to function without, like Liquin. I never thought I would come to be so dependent on Liquin, which is a painting medium that helps oils dry faster - but I use it all the time. I've been mixing a lot of it into the first layer of my paintings, and then using stand oil as the medium in the second layer. Since I'm working on most paintings over multiple days now, this technique has been good to experiment with.

2 comments:

myra anderson said...

both of these paintings are beautiful!

DSM said...

I love it when the fabric pushes out of the format and behind your objects.

Let's see: I like alkyd oils (7 hour set up time) and Lukas painting butter....