Sunday, September 26, 2010

Birthday Flowers

 8 x 10"
oil on linen
email me to purchase


This bouquet was my birthday present from my husband. As you all know, I do love flowers! I ordered some Utrecht linen canvases, and this is my first attempt at painting on them. They have a VERY smooth surface, but it's not slippery - the paint sticks to it very well, especially if you tone the canvas with a wash of something first. I definitely like the linen - it's kind of a cross between the canvases I usually use and the Ampersand Gessobord that I used to use more often, but have stopped using as much recently.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday Sarah, I always love your flower paintings, and the way you are able to render glass and the reflective surface of that fabric is always impressive.