Tuesday, July 24, 2012

"Black Cherries and Black-Eyed-Susans" floral fruit food kitchen art still life original oil daily painting

6 x 8"
oil on canvas

Hey! I missed you guys! It was a great couple of weeks with the fam, but it felt GOOD to be back in the studio today. In case you weren't glued to the action on Twitter, I picked (more) blueberries, attended several parties, went wine tasting, ate lots of great food, and even ran my second ever half marathon. With a full contingent of cheerleaders and paparazzi!

I did get to do some work-type things in my Etsy shop recently. I changed the name to "Sedwick Studio" from "Sedwick Paints," and altered the look a bit to better match my blog. Etsy has a new feature for shops called an "About" page - kind of self-explanatory - but the reason I bring it up is that my painting today perfectly illustrates the blurb I wrote for mine, particularly the part about never knowing which quiet little object in my house will be the star of my next painting. This string of wooden beads hitchhiked home from preschool with Ellie at some point, and manifested itself in my studio this morning. When I saw it lying there on the ground, something clicked! 

I'm leaving for a figure painting evening in a few minutes, and I'm honestly a little worried about my "cold start" catching up with me. But I'm going to try to be fearless. And post pictures on Facebook....


2 comments:

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Glad you are back!
The bowl of cherries is a feast for the eyes next to the beautiful blue bottle. You have not mentioned it but it is perfect for the DPW challenge this week - Primary colors.

Sarah Sedwick Studio said...

Julie, thanks for your comment - and for the tip! I entered it in the DPW challenge.