Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Madame M.

"Madame M."
14 x 11 inches, oil on canvas
Sold

Resisting the urge to be a control-freak is easier for some astrological signs than others. Or so I've been told. Since I've lived in Eugene, Oregon, I've met people who really REALLY know about astrology. I respect it. I'm a Libra, and my desire for balance usually fuels my work - and makes it predictable....

Which is why I've been loving the model-in-the-middle version of MK figure painting night lately. So many new ways to see models I've painted many times before. I'm so grateful, really, truly, that I don't always paint alone. 


Fortunately, we all have an opportunity to rub elbows with one another - and many artists that I admire greatly, this Saturday night at The Gallery at the Watershed. Please join me....I think I might even wear heels!


I know, it's kind of blurry. Totally my fault. Come out, criticize my graphic design skills, allow me to introduce you to Eugene's newest Gallery-owner, meet some cool PDX artists....it will be a great time!

1 comment:

Carol Marine said...

Lovely! I gotta go to figure more often - I like this middle of the room thing too! See you this weekend. : )