Friday, December 6, 2013

Snowed In

"Christmas Cuties"
10 x 10 x 1.5 inches, oil on cradled birch panel

Santa's elves threw up all over my living room over Thanksgiving weekend, and mother nature followed up with a whopper of a Pacific Northwest snow storm in the wee hours of this morning. There must be ten inches out there as I type! Good thing I've got plenty of these little oranges (and toilet paper, don't worry) stockpiled: I don't think I'll be going anywhere for the next day or two!

I grew up in Ohio, where this kind of snow would be just another winter day, ho hum. In Eugene, Oregon it's Armageddon. They don't do snowplows or salt on the roads here, so when the white stuff happens, we just stay home. 

And I'm not complaining! So many gorgeous ornaments to paint. Thank you, little elves!
 

2 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

REALLy cool

Sheila said...

Awesome work! Hope the snow melts before your stockpile is gone :)