Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Green Tea

 "Green Tea"
10 x 10 inches, oil on canvas
$250

I drink a lot of tea. Mostly generic black tea with lots of cream and sugar....but it's nice to have these fancy tea bags around for painting! The multi-colored individual packets are a fun element to experiment with in a still life set up. 

Here's my work-in-progress. Remind me to use this painting if I ever need a great example of an analogous color scheme:


And here's the sketch that started me off. More sketches like this can be found on my Pinterest page!


I'm teaching two workshops this month in Eugene. March 12th is a one-day Intro to Oil Painting class, and the weekend of March 19-20th, a 2-day still life workshop for oils or acrylics. I guarantee hard work and lots of fun. I mean, I haven't had a student cry yet..... :)

3 comments:

Laura Buxo said...

Love this demo. Thank you for sharing.

steinaei.blog.is said...

I enjoy seeing your painting and such clean colors!

Anna Schafer said...

Green tea is known to be the healthiest beverage on the planet. It is full of antioxidants & nutrients which have a powerful effect on our body. powder green tea perth