Tuesday, August 14, 2012

"White Lilies and Wine" floral flower painting still life wine fruit lemons art daily painting

8 x 8"
oil on canvas
Sold

I'm happy with the looseness in this painting, though I don't feel I can take all the credit - my brushes are getting worn out, and until I get down to the art store and replace them (which I do about once every month or two), my paintings may be a bit fuzzy! I'm noticing a pattern here - I posted a WIP of this piece on Facebook, and in the comments, I admitted that the reason I didn't paint the entire lily stalk was that I didn't have any small, rectangular format canvases left. Note to self: I control the materials, they don't control me... Right?


2 comments:

Sue Harrell said...

This is really beautiful, Sarah. Your paintings always seem to have a freshness and lightness to them. I love your style!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.