Tuesday, January 22, 2013

"Cutting In" still life original oil painting on canvas orange knife plate

  
12 x 12"
oil on canvas
$200

I was cutting into this orange to paint it in pieces, and I got lazy made an artistic spur-of-the-moment decision to try it this way. My favorite part - the juice:


Because of some Blogger-wierdness, the top of the painting is getting slightly cropped. I promise, the edge of the vase does not touch the edge of the canvas. It's close, though! :) Here's a shot of this painting in progress.

I'm rushing out the door to get to figure painting night - Gabriella is coming with me, so my Facebook updates might be extra fun tonight!


3 comments:

Karen Werner said...

Beautiful, Sarah! You nailed the juice, and the stick adds so much interest.

Karen Boe said...

I think you made the right call with that orange - I love the repetition of circles and of the sharp lines that break them up. Another gorgeous compo!

Sarah Sedwick Studio said...

Thanks, Karen and Karen! :) I really appreciate it.