Tuesday, January 15, 2013

"Heart Shaped Box" valentines day gift art oil painting candy truffles chocolates

  
8 x 8"
oil on canvas
$150 

As one who came of age in the glorious '90s, the phrase 'heart shaped box' will always bring one and only one thing to mind: Nirvana. I feel lucky to have been in high school during an era when music was 'alternative,' and women's fashion still centered around loose fitting jeans and combat boots. Hell, even the occasional overall. Not that I went there....that often. I don't want to even think about what the advent of skinny jeans would have done to my teenage psyche, although I do wear them nowadays.

Feels strange to be speaking of skinny jeans with such tempting, high-calorie subject matter this week! These evil cherry-heart jelly beans are almost gone, and I just picked up an 8 pound bag of oranges at the grocery store (they were all out of flu shots, so I figured it was the next-best thing), so look forward to some healthier paintings coming soon.


No comments: