Wednesday, January 30, 2013

"Hand on Her Knee" female nude figure figurative oil painting

  
11 x 14"
oil on canvas
$250 

I usually finish these pieces during the 3 hour model session, but as you can see in the third picture below, by the time the clock struck nine, I was not done. This morning I told myself I would just see what I could do with it in my studio, and if I completely messed it up, so be it. With the aid of my memory - and a very washed-out cell-phone picture - I finished it, and am happy with the result. Go memory! 

 
click the image to see it larger.


 If you'd like to see a shot of our smiling model next to my semi-finished piece, head over to Facebook. While you're over there, you can see pictures from a really fun art meetup I went to with Carol over the weekend, and you can also enter to win a print of my painting "Squash Harvest." All followers are automatically entered to win, and I'm giving away three prints, so share with your friends! Thanks.

No comments: