Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A Nude and an Invitation

"Leaning on Her Elbow"
11 x 14 inches, oil on canvas
$450

What a pose! So fun. I really started this one off lively - as you can see below. I think I liked the face more before I smoothed out that quick sketchy energy, but the blendiness does give her some serenity. 

I don't know how come this small town has so amazing models, but they are all such pros. Could you hold that position for 45 minutes without screaming? Me neither!

I promised you an invitation, and now I will deliver: 


It's an open house all evening long, in celebration of my new Gallery! Food, drink, and lots of artists. What could be better on a Summer Saturday?

1 comment:

Linda Popple said...

Beautiful painting! I love all the colors you used in her hair. Her pose is elegant and she is lovely.