Thursday, May 30, 2013

My Big Fat Busy Weekend

 "The Yellow Teacup"
12 x 12 inches, oil on canvas
Sold

I'm into this whole natural light thing lately - and I don't mean this.  Not that I haven't been stocking the cooler....we'll be heading out to the mountains soon for some family camping with lots of friends. 
But never fear! I'll be zooming back to town (only an hour away, after all) for the BIG, huge party at The Gallery at the Watershed Saturday night, and though I'll be leaving my closest friends behind in the wilderness (long story, mostly a major scheduling-screwup on my part), I will be bringing a hot date.

"Sketch for 'The Yellow Teacup'"
6 x 6 inches, oil on Arches oil paper
Sold

It's true, maybe I arranged for you to be stranded at a glorious mountainside hot springs this weekend. Maybe you're just busy - you have a life, after all, I know, I know. If you can't make it on Saturday, there will be another opportunity to party at the Gallery very soon! We're an official stop on the First Friday Artwalk this month. That's Friday June 7th - yes, it's June. Yes, I agree, that's crazy.

That doesn't absolve those of you without plans from coming out to see me Saturday....it just allows the procrastinators to do their thing.


2 comments:

Sandy Graeser Haynes said...

Sarah, loved your paintings and also reading your blog..... delightfully creative with words and well as with the canvas ! Beautiful

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

slam bangin' and have a great show. I love your work.