Tuesday, June 4, 2013

My Time Comes

"Happy Apricots"
8 x 8 inches, oil on canvas

Apricots have been on my mental to-paint list for quite a while - but they are always so expensive, tiny, and beat-up-looking in the grocery store.  When I spied some lovely ones at Costco last week - on sale, no less - I knew my time (to finally paint apricots) had come. 

My Costco membership should be a tax writeoff. I mean, really - who can create great art without enormous bricks of cheese lying around? Not me.


1 comment:

Marike Kleynscheldt Art said...

I love this, buying fruit to paint on a budget, and getting strange looks while you compare the shades of red on 3 pomegranates, combined with their shapes, and try to figure out which you should buy as you can only afford one!
The staff at our local grocery store most definitely think I'm a little crazy, if only they'd ask about it!