Thursday, November 15, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like...Thanksgiving

"Poinsettia and Pomegranate"
11x14"
oil on canvas
$200

How many people have you heard say "I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week" today? Well, make that one more, because I'm a bit incredulous myself. In fact, it kind of feels like we're about to skip straight to Christmas with all the holiday cheer in the air.

I haven't gotten into the studio this week, and Tuesday's figure painting night was a total bust (no pun intended, ok maybe a little one), so the painting I'm sharing today is actually from two years ago (speaking of time flying), but hey, it's a fave. And it's so not seasonally appropriate.

If you're in Eugene, or coming in for the holidays, you are in luck! I'm going to be all over this town for the next couple of weeks. The annual Maude Kerns Art Center member show opens tomorrow night (reception 6-8 pm, 11/16), and I gave The Eugene Weekly a few quotable lines in honor of the occasion. I got a sneak-preview of the show, and it's phenomenal, so even if you can't come out tomorrow, try to see it. This town has so many talented folks!

More on the rest of my upcoming adventures as an artist-about-town to come.

A screen shot teaser. Go here for the whole story!

2 comments:

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

This is perfect in every way. That is one gorgeous poinsettia

Brad Miedema said...

I am always amazed by your paintings Sarah! This is stunning!