Saturday, April 13, 2013

In Which I Do Performance Art

"In The Gallery"
8 x 10 inches, oil on canvas
$200

With our crazy changeable Spring weather, it can be sunny one minute and pouring the next. So, when the plein-air itch hit this week, I opted for an indoor version - at my new gallery! I love painting interiors. I really don't do them often enough - mostly because I figure, meh, it's just my house. Well, my art now has a gorgeous house - which I hope to paint again very soon.

Shots of the Gallery and my work-in-progress. Click for a better view.

 Here's me. I never know what to do with my left hand when someone photographs me while painting! Normally, it would be holding a filthy, paint-soaked rag, but I like to hide the evidence when the camera approaches. Then what? Put my fist on my hip like the supermodel I am? I do always feel sexy in an apron. (True story!)


4 comments:

Wendy Barrett said...

Hello Sarah, you've really captured the light and airy atmosphere of the interior. All your paintings are just amazing. I love your beautiful loose and confident style.

Dianne said...

I love the painting, it feels so open and airy.
In your photo, I think a paint rag in your other hand would look good, natural, and could add a little dolop of color to the picture. It would probably relax you too!

Pam @ Sticks Forks Fingers said...

Ditto to the comment regarding the rag- authentic is always best. Looking forward to stepping into the gallery soon. I admire your work, and love how you've engaged social media as an artist!

Randall David Tipton said...

What is it about aprons?, so do I! Pair it with my hiking shoes and I`m an animal!
You`re doing nice work at the gallery Sarah!