Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Artist at Home

"Gentle Reader"
20 x 16 inches, oil on canvas
Sold

 The past two days have been exciting, painting a model in my own living room! Carol joined me today, just to make the morning even more fun. If you've been reading for a while, you know I'm a huge fan of shaking it up / getting out of your comfort zone, and strangely, this week I've managed to shake things up by remaining smack in the middle of my comfort zone - or at least, my living room. 

I really wanted to paint the model backlit by that huge window, but she was so sillouhetted that I ended up shining an extra halogen spot on her. The effect was still pretty dramatic. I'm now feeling inspired to paint in other rooms of my house, but my next foray into figure will be in a garden setting (weather permitting). 

Here are some shots from this morning: Our lovely model with our work-in-progress, a face-detail from my painting, and Carol at work:

click on the image for a better view!

5 comments:

William R. Moore said...

Sarah,
I really do like the key and composition here. I think "By the Garden Gate" was a real breakthrough in your figure work and "Gentle Reader" is a great continuation of that. Continued success.

Linda Popple said...

Beautifully painted! Love your work.

Sarah Sedwick Studio said...

Thanks so much, William and Linda. I really appreciate your comments and compliments!

Ruth Andre said...

Lovely painting and a most interesting model pose.

china clay teapot said...

I bought alHandmade Ceramic Teapotl handmade purple sand? Is it worth it? Is it breathable? Whether it is easy to produce plasmosis, and other factors are included in this list. Here are some of the most important things you care about when buying a purple claCheap Ceramic Teapotsy