Monday, July 15, 2013

Destruction is a Form of Creation


We did it! Yes, we did. Thanks to my girl Carol Marine, a bunch of Oregon artists gathered on Saturday to destroy some art that was asking for it, at our inaugural Bad Art Destruction Party!
Sharpies, knives, and small children were all involved. 

 
 
Here is Carol destroying one of her paintings.....and one of mine:

 


 what an honor!!!

 And here is my wonderful husband, helping the cause. 


Joseph Pfeiffer-Herbert's super-cute son Arlo running around with a stretcher bar necklace:


 Some more carnage:


This was actually a lot more fun than I thought it was going to be. I was afraid I'd be nervous or sad about shedding some of this old, dead weight, but no - it was cathartic. Thanks for joining me for this.


Hopefully we'll have even more artists next year.... we will definitely be doing it again!!!!!


For even more, please visit Celeste Bergin's excellent blog.

1 comment:

Cindy Williams said...

looks like you girls had loads of fun! Carol Marine seems so very sweet... thank you for sharing your post, posts like this give me inspiration :)