Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Big Things!

 "Self-Portrait, Pointing Down"
24 x 36 inches, oil on canvas

This one was kind of a struggle getting started, several days of scraping and redoing the face. But, that happens to everyone - even John Singer Sargent!

Here's the progression. If you think I look serious in the finished piece, check out that grumpy underpainting! It looks like I just ate something unpleasant.


 I'll replace the photo of the finished piece with a better one soon; I was in a hurry to get the painting off to this show, OBJECT/FORM, which opens Friday! (I finished it the day before I had to deliver my work - the perks of a local gallery.) 

This is kind of a big deal - I have thirty paintings on view. If you're in the Eugene area, please join me for the opening reception, Friday April 8th, from 6-8 pm.


No comments: