Tuesday, October 16, 2012

"Autumn Apples" Fall fruit pumpkin squash still life art oil painting

9 x 12"
oil on canvas
$200

This unsubtle play on current seasonal decorating themes also has the honor of being daily painting number 600! According to my highly scientific folder-within-folder-on-the-desktop record keeping method, I have posted 100 non-figurative still life type works in only the last nine months. Here's no. 500, for a trip down memory lane.


 I got my restaurant show all framed and installed! It was a bit of a crunch at the end, as the winter rains have arrived in a big, soggy way, and I could not get the final painting to dry for the life of me. I finally slapped a frame on and dropped it off this morning, two hours before they opened for service. 

 And now for the grand experiment I promised to tell you all about in my last post! My friend (and coworker at the firm of Stay-Home-Parents & Co) Alan had the brilliant idea of putting QR codes on the wall labels for each painting. Scanning them with your phone (there are numerous free apps for that) takes you straight to my Etsy shop. You can buy art while you sit there eating dinner! Will this result in more sales? I have no idea. But I do know this: people love an excuse to play with their phones in restaurants, as socially unacceptable as it may be.

2 comments:

Mona Diane Conner said...

The QR code indeed! Sounds like a fabulous idea!

SYLVIANE said...

What a good idea!