Thursday, October 11, 2012

"Autumn Bounty" fall thanksgiving decor harvest vegetable fruit oil painting fine art and an announcement

11 x 14"
oil on canvas
Framed, price $400

You know I wouldn't leave my dear old blog hanging for this long without a good reason, so here's the latest: I'm busy getting ready to install a show at Noli Italian Cafe's brand new location here in Eugene. (For the locals, it's right next to Sweet Life).

 The grand opening is next Tuesday October 16th, and my work will be on display through the end of the year (in case you have plans that night, or something)!

I'm also excited to try out a new idea (the inspiration for which, if it actually ends up working out, will not go unaccredited) with this show. Here's a hint:



2 comments:

scott davidson said...

As an artist myself, I enjoy reading Philip Koch's sensitive writing about Edward Hopper and Andrew Wyeth, who along
with Whistler and Rothko, are my favorite American painters.

I don't live in the United States but have traveled and passed a short time there. But even with the little time spent
in your beautiful country, especially in small-town America, I can relate to some of the poetical feel that Hopper and
Wyeth had captured in their art, which is for me part of the attraction of their paintings.

Browsing at wahooart.com the other day, as I do now and then, I find a good selection of Edward Hopper's work,
http://EN.WahooArt.com/@/EdwardHopper ,in the
big archive of Western Art, that customers can order online for canvas prints and even hand-painted, oil-painting
reproductions can be made and sent to them.

Hopper's surrealistic and depersonalized world is there again. Timeless, yes, as it is still there now in the roadside cafes
and diners that I ate at all over America.

trishie said...

How exciting for you!!! Good luck for today.