Thursday, November 1, 2012

"Candlelit Quartet" still life daily painting candle flame original oil on canvas

6 x 6"
oil on canvas
$100

I'm convinced the color palette for this one was subliminally inspired by the view from my studio window today. Wet leaves, green shifting to yellow to rust red...forest-green fur trees and their greyish-lavender trunks, everything damp damp damp. I'd supply you a real picture to go with that mental one, but I'm a little bit camera-challenged right now. I need Santa to bring me a really gorgeous (or just reasonably attractive) digital SLR this xmas!


4 comments:

Jody Regan said...

Lovely palette. I love the way you applied the holes in the front left shadow. Nice variety of surface textures, very believable, with economy of strokes.

Sarah Sedwick Studio said...

Thank you, Jodi! I don't know about economy of strokes, I think I overspent myself just a little, but I knew when to stop. That's always the trick for me.

Karen Boe said...

I love this composition - so unconventional. This one is hard to stop staring at - I think it's one of your best ever!

Sarah Sedwick Studio said...

Thanks, Karen! I'm also finding it strangely look-able. Means a lot to me, coming from you!