Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Title Tryouts

 "Daydream"
18 x 24 inches, oil on canvas.
$1000
Click to buy
 
Here it is: the second installment of my new series, tentatively titled "Everybody gets to rest but me." Alternate tentative title: "Where did November go?"

I painted the model from life, over two sittings, about seven hours total. Then I painted the drapery from photo reference and I don't even know how long that took. I was in the zone.
Coming soon: the third installment! And I can guarantee a spoiler on Facebook sometime today...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the second last one is very nice... the last one ruins it for me with the big black stripe going through the plane and the purple drapery which makes the whole image weak. She positively glows in the second last one,,, then is reduced to low contrast in the last one