Thursday, January 25, 2018

Red Ribbon

 
 "Red Ribbon"
10 x 10 inches, oil on canvas
$350

 Well, I got some new ribbon. I'm not going to go so far as to call it an obsession, but it's now officially a phase. It's just so - flexible! As a compositional element, I mean. In this painting, I'm loving the little arrows of light pointing to the "kiss" where the ribbon and apple meet. The longer I paint, the more I realize that I'm not painting objects - or even colors, but simply light and the effects of light.

The sketch for this one was a quickie - ballpoint pen! 

Do you ever sketch in ballpoint pen? There always seems to be one handy.

1 comment:

Kathryn Glover said...

Hi Sarah, Kathryn Glover here. I wrote to you several days ago regarding my desire to participate in your online mentorship program. Did you receive my lengthy message to you? I'm looking forward to the program, but wanted to know more particulars. Please let me know if you can find my message or I can begin again.
Regards, Kathryn Glover