Friday, January 12, 2018

The Star

painting still life tarot art sarah sedwick
 "The Star"
10 x 20 inches, oil on canvas
$600

"When the Star appears in a Tarot reading, be open to new ideas and growth. Listen to the still small voice within." 

I love the star card. I chose it for this painting because the shape of the star echoes the rays of light cast by the green glass cup.
 
tarot card painting still life sarah sedwick

"There is a deeper spiritual journey that you are going through which is all about bringing greater meaning and purpose into your life and renewing your inner energy." 
(from Biddytarot.com) 

I did feel I was on a spiritual journey as I was creating these Tarot card paintings. I rented a beautiful studio at the Oregon coast during the week before Christmas, and did nothing but paint and sleep. It was really a gift to myself, spending time there. I feel I am beginning the year with new inspiration - the promises of the Star card coming true!

3 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Hi Sarah, I am loving this tarot series! I know nothing about tarot myself either, but am enjoying seeing how they inspire you. Happy New Year!

Sarah Sedwick Studio said...

Happy New Year, Gabrielle! Thanks! :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE this painting, Sarah! Don't know what happened to my original comment...
I am also glad to hear that you gave yourself such a special gift. The studio and accommodations look amazing!! Might check it out for myself someday.... (Tarot "wish" card in my future? :-)