Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Someone took me up on it!

"Green Scarf, Green Eyes"
8 x 10 inches
oil on canvas
$350

Remember when I threw myself at you put out a call for portrait subjects a few weeks ago? And the crickets chirped very loudly? ...Well, someone finally took me up on my offer, and in lieu of wine (which I was more than willing to consider, nevermind that it was 9:30 am) all she demanded was a little online art-selling chat. As some of you know, there's not much I love to gush about more than Etsy --- Daily Paintworks being a close second. She got an earful. I got to hear all about her work in the Flemish masters' painting method and her continuing efforts to remove all petroleum products from her studio. AND I made my second painting of the week with "Green" in the title. 

It was a good day. Thanks, Sarah!
The talented Sarah Ciampa, with her portrait, by me. Also Sarah. Because it's the best name there is.

No comments: