Friday, February 22, 2013

The Red and the Green

8 x 10"
oil on canvas
$350

Why 'The Red and the Green,' you ask? (Because let's face it, this looks more like 'The Orange and the Pink'). It was done using the same red-green-yellow ocher palette that I used for my last figure painting.  It also happens to be the title of a book by my favorite author, so it kind of sprang to mind.

Below is the sketch for this piece - 30 minutes.
 This weekend is looking pretty great: an art opening tonight (not for my work, but a show I'm excited to see), a very special portrait model in the morning, book club with the girls Saturday night, and maybe some more palette experimentation squeezed in too! I dug this old thing out of my bookcase the other day:

I think I got it when I was about eight. It's vintage.

What are your plans for the weekend?

Do you have a favorite author? Favorite book?

Is there a particular limited palette color combo I should try next?

3 comments:

Mary Rochelle said...

Love this, Sarah...your work is exciting.

LindaHunt said...

Your color is actually breathtaking at times...as in this piece.

Sarah Sedwick Studio said...

Thank you so much, Mary and Linda! I am so happy to share my work with people like you.