Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I Break a Few Eggs

  
"Egg in a Dish"
 6 x 6 inches, oil on canvas
Sold

Monday was the last meeting of my "Painting: Fast and Fun" workshop. I was hoping to present some intimidating subject matter, and demonstrate that sometimes these things turn out to be easier than you'd think. Not sure I succeeded. We all struggled a little! 

I've had several really good experiences trying to paint subjects I had long dismissed as being too "hard." Onions, for example. Onions are SO satisfying to paint - and I feel the same way about eggs. I mean, what doesn't look like fun about this setup?

(Colored paper. I like it, too.)

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Looks like you had alot of fun setting up the eggs and papers, and painting them too. I've never tried painting a broken egg, or an onion.. I should try that sometime :)

Diane Hoeptner said...

It's beautiful. Has a very fresh, immediate quality.