Sunday, March 3, 2013

Working on my Resolutions

"Path by the Lake"
8 x 8 inches, oil on canvas
$100

On Saturday, Carol and I drove up to Salem to meet a group of artists from Portland and do some plein-air painting. If it had been my idea, I'd feel better about bragging that I'm finally making progress on my perpetual New Year's resolution, but this fun event was organized by Randall David Tipton (thanks, Randall!). I was honored to be invited.

"Tall Grass by the Lake"
8 x 8 inches, oil on canvas
Sold

Salem is not a town known around our state for it's charm (though conveniently located halfway between Portland and Eugene, hence its selection as our meeting spot), but Minto-Brown park was a picturesque spot, and the weather was quintessential Oregon. We get the greatest clouds.

Annie Salness, Carol Marine, and Celeste Bergin
 In a bit over three hours, I made two paintings. My new French easel worked very well, and I didn't embarrass myself by failing to set it up or take it down (this sometimes happens). When the wind picked up, we all headed into town for a delicious lunch and some great conversation. I love meeting new people, but meeting fellow artists is really special.

For more pictures of the day, visit Celeste Bergin's blog, or my Facebook page.

3 comments:

Randall David Tipton said...

You did really nice work Sarah!

Austin Young de oca said...

Its seeing nice and so creative work. Thanks to you for this kinda of artistic work. Love and like very much.

Austin Young de oca said... said...

Its seeing nice and so creative work. Thanks to you for this kinda of artistic work. Love and like very much.