Sunday, April 21, 2013

I'm a Purple Person

"Garlic on a Purple Plate"
8 x 8 inches, oil on canvas
$350

Friday was a good day. It started off with a misty 6 mile run with Gabriella, then I hit up the thrift store for some new still life props and fabrics (also scored two cute cocktail dresses, in case anyone's thinking of inviting me to a fancy shindig....*hint hint*). In the evening I headed to The Gallery at the Watershed for some live painting - and wine.

Both of which are in evidence here:


 I really love painting with others - not so much in front of a hushed audience, but in a relaxed, convivial atmosphere. I'm thinking of hiring myself out for parties. Better than a mime! I'll just stand in the corner and paint. It's not the wildest party idea I've come across lately....

No comments: