Monday, April 1, 2013

Crossed Flowers, Crossed Fingers...(A BIG Announcement!)

"Crossed Daffodils"
11 x 14 inches, oil on canvas
$250

Ok, ok, I won't keep you in (too much) suspense, but I will just show you the sketch for this piece first:

Sketch for 'Crossed Daffodils' 5.5x4" oil on arches oil paper $1 auction - click to bid



Now, on to my announcement! A brand new art gallery opened its doors in downtown Eugene today, and I am one of their artists! This is actually huge for me, as I've never been represented - let alone exclusively represented - by a gallery before. The Gallery at the Watershed is located in a lovely, walkable, parkable spot near fantastic restaurants, the Willamette river, and parkland - and the building itself is a modern-architectural work of art.

If you live nearby, please stop by the next time you find yourself downtown. Hours are Tuesday-Saturday 11-5. They are going to have the best of my work, old and new - and their stable of artists include my friends Randall David Tipton and Lillian Almeida. Follow the gallery's Facebook page for lots of events coming up this summer - including painting demonstrations by yours truly, art history lectures, and plein air workshops by some seriously awesome folks.

I'm really, really excited about this. The gallery already feels like a big happy family, and I think everyone that visits will feel that energy too. There's going to be a huge party for the grand opening on Saturday June 1st, and I expect hope you all will be there.

8 comments:

Debbie said...

Sarah, Congratulations!! That's great news, I'm excited for you!!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

GREAT NEWS, SARAH!!!
Best Wishes.

Karen Werner said...

This is a lovely piece, Sarah. Congratulations on being part of the new gallery!

The Gallery at the Watershed said...

Oh we are the lucky ones. Sarah Sedwick is one fabulous artist and we are so proud she is with us!

Scott Ruthven said...

Congrats Sarah, you deserve it!

Sarah Sedwick Studio said...

Thanks, everyone!!! I feel so lucky, and honored to receive all your comments.

Ann said...

You absolutely deserve this recognition. Congratulations!!!

china clay teapot said...

For those who have limited income and strong practicality, don't care whether it is a hand-made pot. Semi-manual does not affect the use. Only the sand musCheap Ceramic Teapotst