Friday, July 5, 2013

Art and the Vineyard, my Awesome 4th of July

"The Blue Umbrella"
8 x 8 inches, oil on canvas
Sold

 I had a great Fourth of July! The day began with hugs from my sister-and-brother-in-law who'd snuck into my house after midnight on the 3rd (who's awake to greet guests at such an ungodly hour? Not me.) Next I headed out to my favorite festival of the year, Art and the Vineyard, with my friend and fellow Maude Kerns instructor Farley Craig and a gorgeous model to spend the afternoon painting in the sun. We talked to so many awesome people, and squeezed in a little painting too!

Don't you love my Oregon Art Supply apron? It's new.



To really cap off the day with a bang, we had our closest friends over for a BBQ, and with both of my wonderful sisters-in-law and their husbands visiting this weekend, it was a house full of fun. And I managed to look the other way when the menfolk started blowing things up.

No comments: