Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Party of Two

 "Becca in July"
12 x 9 inches, oil on canvas

I was feeling overjoyed last night, walking back into Maude Kerns Art Center's open studio after a three week hiatus. I was happy to be there, but I was almost alone in that feeling, because Joy and I were the only ones who showed up! Summer is a crazy time around here - everyone travels, there are tons of things to do, it's almost impossible to throw a party because no one's around to attend....

Well, we enjoyed our party of two last night, and I got to set up the pose and the lighting without any interference collaboration whatsoever. See how creative I got? She's sitting. On. The. Model. Stand.

If anyone has a *small* couch or comfy chair they want to donate, consider dropping it off at Maude Kerns. The artists there will thank you for years to come.  And you'll get to see your rejected furniture immortalized again and again!

Bonus random sky shot: it was a beautiful evening!

No comments: